Decadent HEALTHY BrowniesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe has all the right components to make these brownies taste just like the ones you grew up with without all the sugar and calories.
1/4 Cup or 1 Small Avocado Halved (Shelled, Seeded and Pureed)
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 Cup Water
1 Cup Flour (White or Gluten Free Blend)
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cup Palm or Cane Sugar (substitute with Stevia or other sweetener)
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup (omit if using Stevia or other sweetener)
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Lemon Juice
3 Oz Dark Chocolate (Chopped or Chips)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (omit if allergic )
- Preheat oven to 375f.
- In a large bowl mix together with spatula pureed avocado, lemon juice, maple syrup and olive oil.
- To a sifter add flour, baking soda, salt & sugar.
- Sift dry ingredients into avocado mixture.
- Once incorporated add water mix well.
- Add chocolate chopped or chips stir into batter.
- Grease and flour 9 x 9 square pan.
- Pour batter into pan spread with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes or less if you like a chewy brownie or another 5 to 7 minutes for a more cake-like texture.
- Cut into small squares while still warm.
- Cool and store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- You may use all organic ingredients, or whatever you have on hand. If using Agave Syrup or Liquid Stevia, add to the avocado mixture in the beginning. If using Stevia Powder add to dry ingredients following the recommendations for the product.