Deep Fried PicklesCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Who doesn’t love a deep fried pickle? These are a spin on the heavy flour batter and instead use Panko breadcrumbs to get a lovely tasty crisp coating. I also use Dijon mustard as the primary adhesive for said breadcrumbs. The sour pickle the bite of the mustard, the tang of the Worcestershire and the spicy hot sauce all add to the overall yumminess of these appetizers.
i jar of garlic dill pickle spears
11/2 cups of Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup of Dijon mustard
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Black pepper to taste
- In a large deep pot on the stove add cooking oil and heat until temperature of 350 f
- On a large baking sheet place parchment paper to cover.
- Combine Panko breadcrumbs with black pepper in a shallow baking dish or ziplock bag.
- In a bowl combine hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and egg and whisk until mixed well.
- Dip pickles in the mustard mixture and dredge in breadcrumbs; repeat until all pickles are coated.
- if using a ziplock bag you can drop a few pickles in at a time shake to coat and remove. Place on parchment covered baking sheet to rest.
- Deep fry the coated pickle spears in hot oil 350 F until pickles float to surface and are golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.
- These do not reheat well so make sure to eat them all when they are freshly made.