Guinness Cheesecake with BaconCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
This recipe is a reworked Cappuccino cheesecake and if you prefer the mocha flavour then feel free to substitute the Guinness for a teaspoon of instant coffee and a 1/4 cup of water but, really why would you. This cheesecake is oddly delicious and like a few of my other recipes it has bacon!
1 1/2 cups finely chopped nuts or graham crackers
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
32 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
½ tsp vanilla
1/4 cup Guinness stout
4 strips of crispy cooked bacon, crumbled (use real bacon for this)
2 squares of dark chocolate, grated
- Set oven to 325 f
- Combine nuts/graham crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter and pulse in food processor until combined or mix in box to bring ingredients together.
- Empty ingredients into a 9-inch spring form pan and press into the pan using fingers.
- Place pie crust into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool thoroughly.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and flour, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Add vanilla to Guinness and gradually add to cream cheese mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Pour over baked cooled crust.
- Finishing Cheesecake
- Set oven to 450 f.
- Place cheesecake into the high heat oven for 10 minutes., then reduce temperature to 250 F; continue baking 1 hour. Once cheesecake is ready remove from oven and sprinkle grated chocolate over cake top.
- Once chocolate has melted sprinkle bacon on top of cake immediately.
- Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes then loosen cake ring from base of pan.
- Cool before removing ring of pan. Chill, add grated chocolate over top and serve.
- Bacon and chocolate are addictive.