Maple Brown Butter Sweet CornCourse: DinnerCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
2 cups of fresh sweet corn cut from cob (frozen or canned sweet corn will also work well)
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp maple sugar or maple syrup
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Husk and wash 2 large cobs of sweet corn.
- Pat dry.
- Carefully slice away kernels from cobs with large sharp knife. Try to cut corn close to cob but do not cut into cob.
- Heat a saucepan on the stove and melt butter. continue to sauté better on low heat until it begins to brown (about 8 mins).
- Once butter begins to brown add corn and sugar/syrup and continue to sauté until butter and sugar begin to caramelize.
- Turn heat off and set aside for about 10 to 15 minutes. This allows the corn to finish cooking through and release its own starch and sugar. You want kernels to still have some crunch to them.
- Before serving garnish with freshly chopped basil or parsley, a dash of hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Delicious hot or cold.