Bacon Stuffed Avocado HalvesCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
The avocado has for many years has been viewed as the guacamole only ingredient although you can actually use them for more then just garnish and dip. This recipe allows the avocado’s creamy texture and buttery taste to meld nicely with the salty goodness of the bacon. The sauce is slightly sweet, salty and sour, an Asian inspiration.
8 slices crisp bacon (crumbled)
4 medium avocados (ripe and unpeeled)
1 tbsp lemon juice (for brushing avocado)
½ cup of butter
¼ cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of white wine vinegar
¼ cup of garlic puree
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
avocado oil for garnish
- Cook off bacon until crispy.
- Set aside wrapped in paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Slice the avocados in half, then remove pits and brush with lemon juice.
- Fill the avocado with bacon.
- You can choose to serve cold – or put under the broiler for 10 minutes (or until avocado begins to brown).
- Combine all of the remaining remaining ingredients and heat to boiling to produce the sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over avocados and finish with a few drops of avocado oil to taste.
- Avocado oil is even higher in beneficial fats then olive oil. It also makes an excellent oil for frying as it has a very high burn temperature.