Zesty Lemon Pudding CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Sweet, tart & delicious!
4 eggs separated
1/3 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed is best
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
3/4 cup sugar you can add up to 1.5 cup if you prefer sweeter cake
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 cup milk
- Grease and flour 8″ pan, or ramekins. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350f
- Beat egg yolks lightly.
- Add lemon juice, lemon rind and butter, beat until mixture thickens.
- Sift flour, and add sugar, and salt, mix by hand to incorporate.
- In the bowl with the egg yolk mixture begin to add dry, alternating with milk. Beat well, but take care not to over beat the mixture.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites gently into the batter by hand or gently mix on low speed with mixer for about 10 seconds.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8″ pan lined with parchment or paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350f for 45 minutes, or until cake springs back on the top.