Southern Style Creamed CornCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
8 ears corn, husked
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cold water
2 tablespoons bacon grease
1 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, cut the tip off cob. Cut the kernels from cob with a small paring knife. Using the back of the blade, scrape against the cob to press out the milky liquid.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, and salt and pepper, to taste. Combine with corn. Add the heavy cream and water. Mix.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat bacon grease. Add corn mixture and turn heat down to medium-low, stirring until it becomes creamy, about 30 minutes.
- Add the butter right before serving.
- This recipe is super easy and super tasty. You can add chopped parsley, basil or a good dash of hot sauce for added kick.