Coconut Whipped CreamCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream (
2 tablespoons powdered sugar, or to taste (no more than 3 tablespoons)
½ to 1¼ teaspoons pure vanilla
1/2 tsp cream of tartar or other stabilizer
- Chill a small mixing bowl and beaters or a whisk in the freezer for 30 minutes or more.
- Do not shake the coconut milk or cream. Open it, and if there isn’t a thick cream on the top, cover and refrigerate it for several hours or overnight.
- Scoop ¾ cup of the solid coconut cream from the top of the can and put it in the chilled small mixing bowl.
- Whisk or beat the coconut cream with mixer (chill beaters for 30 minutes) until it is smooth and slightly fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Sift in the powdered sugar or sugar substitute.
- Add the vanilla and whisk or beat on low speed to incorporate the ingredients.
- If your coconut cream is too soft, you may need add cream of tartar or stablizer and whisk or beat until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the coconut whip for up to 3 days. I
- will thicken a little more as it chills.
- This is a great alternative for anyone lactose intolerant or on other diets.