Snow Kissed BerriesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Nothing like sharing a few chocolate dipped strawberries and a glass of wine with someone you love or spoiling yourself with a decedent treat. Food is one of our pleasures in life and we should enjoy a little indulgence on occasion. No need to buy fancy treats when you can make these yourself at home anytime you feel the whim!
1 pint of large strawberries with stems
1/2 lb white chocolate
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tsp butter
- Wash and pat dry strawberries and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler with butter on low heat or bowl over hot water. (Do not heat too high or white chocolate will crystallise and become dry)
- Once creamy and smooth ( about 5 to 7 mins.) remove from heat.
- You will have to work fast as the chocolate will start to solidify when cooling down!
- Dip the strawberries into white chocolate.
- Place onto wax paper to dry.
- Making Dark Chocolate Drizzle
- Combine dark chocolate chips & butter in double boiler (or a bowl over hot water).
- Stir until melted & combined.
- Drizzle lightly over dipped strawberries.
- Allow chocolate to cool.
- Strawberries can be stored in refrigerator for 1 to 2 days at most.
- Try different variations. Dip strawberries into dark chocolate and coat with white crystallised cookie sugar or chilli chocolate for a spicy, sweet lovely treat and dust with edible gold powder for extra decadence.